Urethane Cande Carrier
2k candy carrier levels instantly as it hits the panel, making it very easy to get a smooth finish. It is “water” clear, formulated with innovative resins and UV stabilizers to provide a durable, long‐lasting finish. Urethane Cande Carrier 2k candy carrier is the key to spraying that perfect true candy job. Utilizing a variable speed catalyst system to provide consistent performance in a variety of weather conditions.
|2 Parts||1 Part|
|UCC||UA-70 (65°F – 85°F)|
|UA-80 (85°F – 95°F)|
NOTE: Make sure product is at room temperature (72°F) before mixing.
- UCC can be reduced 5% with Reducer
- Adding reducers will decrease dry film thickness
- Adding standard grade urethane reducers will increase VOCs
- A minimum of 2 mils dry‐film‐thickness of topcoat is required for optimum UV resistance
- Apply base coat color per manufacturer’s recommended procedures.
- Allow 15 minutes dry time per coat before applying candy carrier.
- In temperatures below 70°F, a longer dry time is necessary for each coat of basecoat.
- Thoroughly tack surfaces to be painted with a clean tack cloth before applying candy.
|Mix Ratio||2:1 (5%Reducer Optional)|
|Pot Life||1 hour @ 72°F/22.2°C, 50% realative humidity|
|Gun Setup||1.2mm – 1.4mm|
|Air Pressure||8‐10 psi HVLP|
|40‐45 psi Conventional|
|% Solids by Weight||45.7% (Sprayable, no reducer)|
|Shelf Life (Unopened)||12 months|