There’s something about a paint job that is as smooth as glass, but has the 3D textures that jump out at you. This is how Chris Potter does it for a custom paint pebble texture.
Step by Step to Custom Paint Pebble Texture
- Grab primer/sealer under reduce it so that it is a bit thicker
- Dial the air pressure back so that it’s just spitting the under-reduced primer out
- Spray your texture
- After you get the desired texture, shoot your white basecoat (or basecoat color of your choice) over top to coverage
- Spray 2-3 coats of pearl over top
- Spray clear over top to lock it all down
- Be sure to spray a couple coats extra in order to bury the high spots
- Wet sand with varying grits
- Buff out to a glassy finish
This is just how easy it is to custom paint pebble texture. Now that you know how to, you’ll be using this technique on everything.