Wetness 3140 Speed Clear
Has exceptional leveling characteristics, excellent gloss retention and D.O.I. It is “water” clear, formulated with innovative resins and UV stabilizers to provide a durable, long‐lasting finish. It is CA low VOC compliant. Wetness 3140 Speed Clear coat is ideal for spot or single panel refinishing and utilizes a variable speed catalyst system (the same catalyst as our 2145) to provide consistent performance in a variety of weather conditions.
|3 Parts||1 Part|
|W-3140||WA-60 (60°F – 75°F)|
|WA-75 (75°F – 90°F)|
NOTE: Make sure product is at room temperature (72°F) before mixing.
- Apply basecoat color according to manufacturer’s recommendations
- Apply two wet coats of Wetness‐3140, allowing 3-5 minutes flash time between coats
|Air Dry @ 70°F||Dust Free||5-7 Minutes|
|To Sand||1 1/2 to 2 Hours|
|To Deliver||3-4 Hours|
|Force Dry||Purge Time||10 Minutes|
|15-20 minutes @ 140°F/60°C (metal temp with SLOW only)|
|Buffing Times||Air Dry||2 1/2 to 3 Hours|
|Force Dry||After Cool Down|
- Wetness 3140 can be reduced 5% with Reducer
- Adding reducers will decrease dry film thickness
- Adding standard grade urethane reducers will increase VOCs
- A minimum of 2 mils dry‐film‐thickness is required for optimum UV resistance
- Apply basecoat color per manufacturer’s recommended procedures.
- Allow 15 minutes dry time per coat before applying clearcoat.
- In temperatures below 70°F, a longer dry time is necessary for each coat of basecoat.
- Thoroughly tack surfaces to be painted with a clean tack cloth before applying clearcoat.
RECOAT INSTRUCTIONS If recoating after 24 hours, then sand with 1000 grit sandpaper before recoating. On sand‐thru areas, apply heat before recoating to eliminate featheredge lifting.
|Mix Ratio||3:1 (5%Reducer Optional)|
|Pot Life||45 minutes @ 72°F/22.2°C, 50% relative humidity|
|Gun Setup||1.2mm – 1.4mm|
|Air Pressure||8‐10 psi HVLP|
|40‐45 psi Conventional|
|% Solids by Weight||40% (Sprayable, no reducer)|
|Shelf Life (Unopened)||12 months|