A self-activated crystallized paint mask that works over a cleared surface that has been thoroughly sanded. The ease of application and product uniqueness are due to the chemical makeup.
You can create a plethora of small, closely woven crystals by force drying or you can create larger crystals by air drying. A perfect complement to any of our other base coats or specialty additives. Combine Crystal Mess with any Cande for an unmatched vibrancy.
With this you also have the ability to determine the appearance or properties of your final pattern based on your application methods for example:
- Intricate Swirled Patterns
Achieve this look of a really tight “swirled” crystal pattern by “scuffing” your intercoat or clearcoat in a “swirling” motion.
- Web Patterns
Achieve this look by “scuffing” your intercoat or clear coat in an X pattern.
- Straight Patterns
Achieve this look by “scuffing” your intercept or clear coat in a straight line motion.
You can create a plethora of small, closely woven crystals by force drying or you can create larger crystals by air drying.
Crystal Mess is a crystallized paint mask, perfect complement to any basecoats or specialty additives. Combine with any of candy concentrates for an unmatched vibrancy. With this you also have the ability to determine the appearance or properties of your final pattern based on your application methods.
Ready to Spray
How To (Application Guide):
- Prep and paint the surface with your choice of single stage or 2 stage (Base-Clear) paint.
- Let the primary clear cure according to the manufacturer’s instructions and sand it with 400-600 grit wet/dry sand paper.
- Wash with soap and water and let it air dry.
- Can be applied by pouring or spraying the solution onto the surface.
- Allow to air dry or force dry for smaller more tightly woven crystal effect.
- Now apply your contrasting color (the color that will be shown through the spaces in the crystals). Apply this coat in a light dusting action. (over reduce the paint a little more than normal.) Allow this layer to fully dry.
- Scrub off the crystals with water & a grey scotchbrite. This will leave you with very pronounced crystal design. Allow any excess water to dry.
- Apply any high quality topcoats.
- *** Dry times at 77ºF